Recycle Your Old Shoes
– Old sneakers, pumps and kicks can get a new life through the annual America Recycles Day shoe recycling event. From November 11-17, bring old shoes to the collection bins at the Eagan Civic Arena and recycle them instead of trashing them.
All shoe types in any condition are collected for reuse or recycling. Shoes are ONLY collected between November 11 through November 17.
Monday, November 11 - Sunday, November 17, 2019 7:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. Eagan Civic Arena 3870 Pilot Knob Road
This event...... More
"Lead Tree Hugger" retires
– City honors forester Gregg Hove
Article from Eagan SunThisweek - By Andy Rogers Oct 26, 2019
The lush tree canopy found in Eagan is by design.
Gregg Hove, Eagan’s first forestry maintenance supervisor, spent decades protecting the city’s landscape.
He’s been the city’s “lead tree hugger” for 26 years, Park and Recreation Director Andrew Pimental said.
Hove retired in July, but was officially thanked during last week’s Eagan City Council meeting.
With a tree represented in the city’s logo, and the “Lone Oak” tree ingrained...... More
Veterans still Dedicated to Service
– In nearly every department and at every level, our City is rich with people who not only serve Eagan, but also have served our country proudly. This Veterans Day, we honor all veterans and introduce you to a few within our Eagan staff.
Lieutenant Duane Pike joined the Eagan Police Department 27 years ago as a Patrol Officer. He worked his way through the ranks and now holds a top position overseeing department operations.
Pike served as a U.S. Army Military Police Corporal. He says...... More
Hands Free Now Law
– Minnesota’s new Hands-Free Driving Bill took effect August 1 this year.
The new law means you may not hold your phone in your hand while driving. Making calls, texting, listening to music, podcasts or getting directions is allowed if using voice commands or single-touch activation without holding the phone.
The law provides exceptions, to obtain emergency assistance if there is an immediate threat to life and safety. Authorized emergency vehicle drivers can also use phones while performing official duties. The easiest and least expensive way...... More
This Bus Busts Distracted Drivers
– Kids are back to school, so it’s time for drivers to study up as well on the rules related to school bus safety. According to local school bus drivers, motorists often do not stop when their STOP arms are out and red lights are flashing. It’s important that drivers stop for these signals to allow children to enter and exit buses safely.
Too often, driver distraction is a factor in these violations, according to Eagan Police. To bring attention to the problem, Eagan officers, and...... More
Questions or comments about any City publication can be directed to (651) 675-5004 or Joanna . You may also submit feedback through our Citizen Support Center. You may also subscribe to receive City publications and a great deal of helpful information via e-mail.
<Return to Communications
<Return to Get Connected