Holz Farm, originally an eighty-acre parcel, located at 4665 Manor Drive was settled in the 1870s. The property remained in the family until 1993 with the passing of Otto and Ella Holz.
A picturesque farm, with charm and character only years can create, would soon become one of many residential developments in Eagan. Interested residents initiated a grassroots campaign to save the site as a living history farm and Eagan City Council Members illustrated great vision by purchasing the farm in 1995 for that use.
Holz Farm bridges Eagan’s past and present, old and young, and rural and urban communities. Visitors can experience family life from the Great Depression through World War II. Holz Farm provides the community with an educational, cultural and historical resource. The farm offers a unique opportunity to experience rural life as it once existed in Eagan through events and programming benefiting people of all ages. A Walking Tour of Holz Farm booklet has been developed for those that want to learn more about each of the buildings on the property as well as the history of Holz Farm.
Holz Farm 2022 Events
Information about event details and times coming soon! We can’t wait to see you at the farm. Check back soon for other programs and events planned at the farm!
- Clean-up day – Saturday, April 30 at 9:00 a.m. to Noon – volunteers needed! Interested volunteers can sign up here.
- Eagan Garden Club Plant Sale Saturday, May 7 | 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Spring Festival Sunday, May 15 | $3/person Admission
- Two Time Slots: 10:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. | 1:00 - 3:30 p.m.
- Enjoy a spring afternoon of old fashioned fun at Historic Holz Farm. The Friends of the Farm and the City of Eagan invite you to join them for one of the two available sessions to learn about life on the farm.
- Guests will be able to enjoy a hayride, Event Sponsor tour the house and listen to live music!
- Tickets required for all individuals 12 months and older, tickets available at discovereagan.com or onsite.
- Coffee on the Front Porch – Wednesday, June 1 | Free | 9:00 – 10:30 a.m.
- Enjoy a relaxing morning sipping coffee and having conversation on the pristine grounds of Holz Farm.
- Old Fashioned Picnic – Tuesday, June 21 | Free | 5:30 – 8:00 p.m.
- Come on out to the farm with your picnic and explore the grounds and visit with Friends of the Farm members.
- Visiting at the Farm: Cookies & Quilts with Otto & Ella – Sunday, July 10 | Free | 2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- As was the tradition in the 1940’s families would go ‘visiting’ on Sunday afternoons. Visit with us at Holz Farm and enjoy special cookies in the farm house and beautiful quilts on display.
- Holz Farm Camps – July 18 – 21 and August 1 - 5 | Ages 5 – 9 & 10 - 14, register ahead of time
- Farm to Table Dinner – Friday, August 26 | $65 | Register today
- Enjoy an intimate outdoor dining experience on the picturesque grounds of Historic Holz Farm. A locally sourced menu has been developed specifically for this unique occasion. Spend the evening enjoying music under the large oak tree, visiting with friends and learning about local food sources. Registration includes appetizer, entrée and dessert. Drinks available for purchase onsite. Must be 21+ to register.
- Fall Clean Up Day – Saturday, September 10
- Harvest Festival – Saturday, September 17
- $3/person | 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- The Friends of the Farm and Eagan Parks & Recreation invite you to join them for a day of fall fun. Visit Historic Holz Farm and enjoy hayrides, live music, animals and live demonstrations. A special ﬁddling contest will take place at 1:00 p.m. Did you know that Historic Holz Farm is on the National Registry of Historic Places? This 1940’s era farm brings you back to yesteryear and what farming was like back in Eagan’s early days. Tickets can be purchases at discovereagan.com
- Oktoberfest Celebration - October 8, 2022
- Come on down to the farm for a one-of-a-kind Oktoberfest Celebration. There will be giant pretzels and other delicious treats to enjoy. Beverages will be available for purchase as well. Participate in lawn games, hayride and take in the beautiful grounds. Fee includes entertainment and activities - food and beverage purchased onsite. Presale tickets available through 10/2. Sponsor: City & County Credit Union
- Old Fashioned Holiday - Sunday, December 4, 2022
Volunteers are needed to assist with special events and programs at Holz Farm. Interested volunteers can Register here.