To ensure that all buildings in Eagan are constructed to high standards, building permits are required before work begins. If you are working with a contractor, verify that they have a license and bond from the State of Minnesota. The contractor must apply and pay for necessary permits.
Your project is not complete until a final inspection is completed and approved by the City. If any Code issues are found, they will need to be corrected by the permit applicant before the City will close the permit.
Permits are required for many types of construction projects. If you do not see your type below or have questions, please call us at (651) 675-5675.
Building Permit Types
- New construction
- Attached or detached garage
- Lower level modifications
- Drain Tile
- Fireplace or stove
- Building move
- Radon Mitigation Systems
- Roof replacement/repair
- Siding replacement/repair (see Electrical Permit Requirements for siding)
- Retaining walls greater than 4 feet in height
- Tents, with sides, greater than 400 square feet
- Tents, without sides, greater than 700 square feet