Eagan Parks & Recreation uses these guidelines to define who is a preschooler for participation in our programs:
- Children who are the appropriate age on or before the first day of class.
- Children who are completely toilet trained and independent in the bathroom. Children are required to wear underwear; pull-up type diapers are not allowed. Toilet training is not required for the parent/child classes.
- Bright Beginnings, Let's Play! Music Together classes are for children
who are the age stated in the class description and accompanied by an adult. Additional siblings are welcome, when age appropriate and
additional fees paid as listed in the program.
- Just for 5's (and some 4's, too!) class is for children who are the
appropriate age to enter kindergarten in the fall of 2017.
For even more information on preschool you can download our upcoming preschool program class offerings. You can also view our handbook on procedures and our philosophies. Fill out an emergency form to bring to the first day of class.
- Preschool in the Park - Preschool in the Park is a traditional preschool class where participants experience the many benefits of multi-age groupings. The day begins with a morning meet up where we plan our day and through songs and stories. Teachers use a theme-based curriculum fueled by the children's current interests and input. Children will enjoy activities planned around the chosen theme and will move freely within those activities ~ independently or in small groups. The activities include Art, Readiness, Small Motor, Movement, Dramatic Play, Science and Sensory. Children also participate in weekly Show and Tell Time and daily active outside play. Lunch bunch extended class days are another fun addition to our program.
- Fun with 3's - Fun with 3’s is a class designed to meet the needs of three year olds and introduce them to preschool. Having fun and learning through play! Activities will be child centered around our theme based curriculum. The children will work on adjusting to the preschool environment and successful separation from parents. This is our most basic introductory class, low teacher to child ratios and lots of TLC will be provided! Free-play time, art projects, singing songs, snack time and a short group time with a story will be part of the daily schedule. New 3 year olds welcome…this is the class for you!
- Just for 5's (and some 4's too!) - Is your child attending kindergarten in the fall of 2017? The Just For 5's class prepared children for the transition into kindergarten through a child centered, theme based curriculum. The class encourages continuing skill development in pre-academic areas such as literacy and math. In addition, the children will experience large and small group activities, opportunities to socialize with peers through play, calendar activities, stories and songs, math stations, library day and sharing day. Each child enjoys a turn as the class VIP (Very Important Person). Musical Barb visits the class every other week to provide musical learning experiences! Children will play actively outside every day. Monthly Lunch Bunch extended days are offered for participants.
- Wacky Wednesdays - An excellent addition to a current preschool schedule or to enhance your preschooler's week with a 1 day preschool class! Participants have fun while learning through play! Activities are centered around our theme based curriculum, with components like free-play time, calendar activities, art projects, storytelling, songs, snack time and playing with friends. Each child will have an opportunity for sharing time and a turn with the take home book bags. Children will play actively play outside every day. Monthly Lunch Bunch extended days will be offered for registered participants.
- Friday Friends - T.G.I.F.! Many parents need a one day a week preschool option because of busy schedules and tight budgets. In this one day a week traditional preschool class, children will have the opportunity to have fun while learning through play! Friday Friends will enjoy free-play time, calendar activities, storytelling and songs, snack time, art projects, and themed based activities. The children will have sharing time and a turn with take home book bags. Children will play actively outside every day. Monthly Lunch Bunch extended class days will be offered for registered participants.
If you are interested in more information regarding our preschool program, please contact Holly Champlin, Recreation Supervisor with Eagan Parks & Recreation at (651) 675-5520.
Bridle Ridge Park Shelter Building, 3990 Elrene Road
East on Wescott Road to Elrene Road, south on Elrene. The park entrance is on the left, directly across from Northview Park Road.
Eagan Community Center (ECC), 1501 Central Parkway
Pilot Knob Road, north of Yankee Doodle Road to Central Parkway. Left on Central Parkway. Follow road to Community Center entrance on the right.
Goat Hill Park Shelter Building, 4391 Lexington Avenue
Lexington Avenue south past Lexington-Diffley Athletic Fields and Kensington Trail. Turn right at wood sign at entrance for Goat Hill Park, follow driveway up to parking lot. The shelter building is at the far end of the parking lot. (On west side of Lexington Avenue between Diffley Road and Wilderness Run Road.)
Rahn Park Shelter Building, 4425 Sandstone Drive
Diffley Road to Rahn Road, south on Rahn to Shale Lane. Right on Shale Lane, left on Sandstone Drive. The park is on the right side of Sandstone, across from Rahn Elementary School. The shelter building is adjacent to the hockey rinks.
Sky Hill Park Shelter Building, 3590 Blue Cross Road
Diffley Road to Blackhawk Road, north on Blackhawk to Blue Cross Road. Right on Blue Cross Road. The park is on the right side of Blue Cross Road.