The Halloween Hodgepodge is a ticketed event. Adults and children under 18 months are free with a food donation item. Children 18 months and up require a ticket.
$5 Children’s Advance Tickets On Sale
Children Ages 18 months – age 12 are required to have a ticket. Advance tickets are $5.00 with a food donation item. Ages 13 – Adult are free with a food donation item. Bring food donation item with ticket on event day. The event activities are planned for preschool through elementary aged children.
$6 Children’s Day of Event Tickets (Buy At The Door)
- Day of event tickets go on sale at 3:00 p.m. and are $6/child with a food donation item and adults are free with a food donation.
- Cash & check accepted.
Food Donations Benefit Eagan Residents In Need Through The Open Door Food Bank. Suggested food donation items to be collected at the Eagan Halloween Hodgepodge include:
- Oatmeal, peanut butter, brown/white rice, dried beans, vegetable and olive oils, cereal, white/wheat/mesa flour, 100% juice, canned fruit and vegetables, diced tomatoes, brown/white/powdered sugar, pancake mix, syrup, tuna and canned chicken, macaroni and cheese, hearty soups, ketchup, mustard, bbq sauce, hot sauce, salsa, soy sauce.
- There is a commitment to distributing foods with high and healthy nutritional values, please stay away from these types of food donations: pop, sugar added beverages, candy, bakery sweets, ramen noodles, chips and other bagged snacks, canned pasta.
All Halloween activities are included in the price of admission. Concession items not included in admission price but available for purchase.
- Free trick-or-treat bags available courtesy of Genisys Credit Union at event entrance (while supplies last)
- 20+ ghostly carnival games & 2 inflatables
- Halloween project
- Face painting & temporary tattoos
- Temporary tattoos
- Free Blast! indoor playground admission (included)
- Free 4” x 6” Halloween family photo station courtesy of Legacy Creative Images.
- Monster mash glow- in- the- dark family dance
- Not so spooky fun for preschoolers (a special activity room for kids 18 months – age 5
Eagan Parks & Recreation depends on the generosity of 80+ volunteers to operate the Halloween Hodgepodge event. Give back to the community and create a magical evening for families to spend time together by becoming a Halloween volunteer.
Who Can Volunteer
Youth volunteerism is encouraged however volunteers under the age of 14 are required to have an adult chaperone. Individuals, school clubs, scouts, service organizations, church groups, local companies and students regularly volunteer.
There are three ways to sign up as an individual volunteer:
- Call (651) 675-5525.
- Email your contact information to Tonya Mozingo
- Register online at www.cityofeagan.com/volunteer. Choose the Halloween Hodgepodge event option in the opportunities section of the application.
Local community groups and corporations have the opportunity to engage attendees at the event through a Halloween booth. Trick-or-treat station or carnival game station booths are two options to participate.
- Cash and check accepted for ticket purchases, credit card not accepted for tickets.
- Cash, check and credit card accepted for concession purchases.
Tips For Attending the Halloween Hodgepodge
- Wear a costume and get into the Halloween spirit (kid-friendly, non-scary)
- Kid’s costume components should allow the freedom to move freely.
- Arrive at the beginning of the event. It will take 2-4 hours if you wish to do all the activities.
- A concession stand is available offering hot dogs, popcorn, snacks, and beverages.
- Leave coats at home if weather allows. A non-monitored coat rack room is available at the main entrance. The City of Eagan is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Event staff wear bright yellow Halloween Hodgepodge t-shirts so you can easily identify them.
- Get up-to-date event info via Twitter @CityofEagan and www.facebook.com/cityofeagan.
The Eagan Community Center is located within Eagan’s Central Park at 1501 Central Parkway, Eagan, MN 55121.
Free & Overflow Parking
- Parking is available at the Eagan Community Center
- Overflow parking is available at Argosy University across from the community center.