Eagan 5K Your Way Activity Festival
And Ground Pounders Series
Watch for more information coming Spring of 2013!
Eagan Festival Grounds at Central Park, 1501 Central Parkway
Celebrate being active at this new community event featuring a do-at-your-own pace 5K (3.1 mile) that you can bike, roller blade, run or walk. The festival atmosphere with music, healthy snacks and activities for all ages promotes active living in Eagan. This event replaces the former Eagan Fun Run.
The route is a 5K (3.1 mile) loop that starts and finishes at the Eagan Festival Grounds at Central Park near the band shell. The route consists of local streets, sidewalks and park paths. Course monitors are posted along the route and a water station is available at the 1.5 mile mark.
Additional Event Highlights Include:
- Create your own family banner at the art station to carry on the 5K walk
- Musical entertainment
- Family games, jumpers and play stations
- Kid's bike rodeo & helmet fittings
- Low-cost youth bike helmets for sale (while supplies last)
- Prize drawings
- Heart healthy fruits, snacks and beverages
- Fitness & exercise try-it stations
- Free health screenings and information
2013 Ground Pounders Race & Active Living Series
Ground Pounders consists of seven South of the River races/events hosted by SORR (South of the River Recreators), consisting of the Parks & Recreation cities of Eagan, Rosemount, Farmington, Lakeville, Apple Valley, Burnsville & Savage. Participants earn points for each race/event that participate in and if they register for a minimum of four events, they will be included in a drawing for overall Ground Pounders prizes which will be awarded in September. For further event/race
information contact each City's Parks & Recreation Department directly.
- Eagan 5K Your Way Activity Festival, May
- I Burnsville 5K Run, June
- Farmington Dew Run, June
- Apple Valley Freedom Days Run, July
- Lakeville Pan-O-Prog Run, July
- Rosemount Run for the Gold, July
- Savage Halloween Fun Run, October